• bg image
    Arrsested For Drugs Offences?
    Call 0333 011 0515 Now
    for specialist legal advice.
  • bg image
    Call 0333 011 0515 Now

Drug FAQ

What Does Possession Mean?

There are 3 types of offences that come under the term possession

This involves knowingly having a controlled substance on your person, for example in your pocket.

Joint Possession:
This offence involves owning drugs with various other people, for example you may be in a room with a group a people taking drugs.

Past Possession:
Past possession involves previously being in possession of a controlled substance, for example the drugs may have been thrown away but later found by the police.

What Does Supply & Intent to Supply a Controlled Drug Mean?

The offence of supplying a drug takes place when a controlled substance is passed from one person to another, even if the exchange of money does not take place. The quantity of drugs is not considered for this offence to take place, even a small amount of drugs passed between two people constitutes a being supplied under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

Possession with intent to supply means that a person was found with a quantity of drugs that could not be deemed as personal use and therefore their intentions were to supply to drug to someone else.

What Does Production of a Controlled Drug Mean?

The production of a controlled substance simply means that a drug was produced without a licence. It is possible that a charge of intent to supply or a conspiracy charge maybe added.

What Does Import Mean?

The import of drugs means brining a controlled substance into the UK. The drugs may be brought in by a person, through a package sent from another country or for more large-scale operations may be brought into the country by means of freight.

I've Been Charged, What Happens Next?

Once charged with a drug offence you'll be given a court date for your first appearance. If you haven't done so already you should instruct a solicitor to represent you at court, they will also advise you on the possible outcome and best course of action. If you were represented at the police station by a solicitor but wish to change firms, now is the best time to do this.

For serious offences your case maybe committed from the Magistrates' Court to the Crown Court.

Can't Talk Now? Leave your number and we'll call you.

contact us

For further information and advice speak to one of our specialist solicitors today by using the details below or fill in the form and we will get back to you.

Telephone: 0151 286 9594

24 Hour: 0333 011 0515

Copyrights © 2013 & All Rights Reserved by MJP solicitors.

MJP solicitors is the trading name of Mark Jones and Partners Limited company number 9997609 | SRA Number 659225.
List of directors available upon request.